Thursday 29 November 2012

Advent

I watch for Your Presence
 
As a beacon guides a ship to harbour
Lord, guide my wandering spirit.
Lest I drift away and flounder.
 
Shine the light of Your love
into the darkness that surrounds me,
so I can find my way to you.
 
Lord, I watch for You,
For the light of your presence,
that makes my heart rejoice.
 
May I never falter in keeping vigil,
alert in looking for your help.
 
Yes, Lord, you are my beacon of light.
You are the light of the world. Amen.
 
 
Advent: Time of Watching
'Be still before the Lord, and watch.'
Psalm 37
 
Advent Wreath: Holly, the old pagan symbol for good luck, became the symbol for Christ's crown of thorns and his blood shed for us. By his wounds we are healed. Holly and ivy intertwined symbolise peace in our world and harmony between man and woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment